Don't worry, it's a year and a half down the line. We got to recover from this one first...
|Isn't she looking a lil Harry Connick Jr. in this pic? It's the eyes... just don't tell Harry.
Oh yeah! Now that a 2nd puppy is as sure as Nymeria is cute - it's time to start thinking about names. I mean, how do you top an AKC name like Nymeria MacBattleby Logiealmond MacGold?! It's nearly impossible! And granted the lil' pup his or herself will have a lot of say in the matter as well... you couldn't name a Swedish Vallhund Melly Joe Carmichael, could you? No!
So to start where our last puppy name search ended, I give you - potential AKC puppy names of the next puppy MacGold:
- Brodie Tighnabruaich Crieff MacGold
- Ullapool Rosemarkie Golspie MacGold
- Onich Banavie Halkirk MacGold
- Keiss Braetongue Cannich MacGold
- Altnaharra Scourie Plockton MacGold
- Bettyhill Gairloch Netherley MacGold
- Dalwhinnie Coldbackie Inveraray MacGold
- Torridon Wick Laggan Doune MacGold
- Shieldaig Poolewe Farr MacGold
- Thurso Whaligoe Kingussie MacGold
- Beuly Dalnaspidal Tyndrum MacGold
- Cammachmore Drumnadrochit Keiss MacGold
- Crieff Invergordon Lochgilphead MacGold
- Maryculter Lochailort Muir MacGold
- Shandwick Spey on Braemar MacGold
- Siar Tullich Groats MacGold
- Fairbairn Codswallup Dougal MacGold
- Lennox Spey Coldbackie MacGold
- Angus Waldroup Wallace MacGold
- Trask Urquhart Kirriemuir MacGold
- Brechin Ardbeg Turriff MacGold
- Cladich Ellon Rosehearty MacGold
- Iona Aven Cumnock MacGold
- Ailsa Rannock Thurso MacGold
- Texa Inverurie Glendaruel MacGold
- Oban Tayvallich Dingwall MacGold
- Gretna Sanquhar Dumfries MacGold
- Govan Balloch Kirkintilloch MacGold
- Tarbert Tiree Dornoch MacGold
And yes, any of these could be rearranged for the perfect Scottish puppy name, but what's the fun in just telling you a bunch of potentials, if I haven't created names with them. I do have some favorite first names for the pup - depending on the gender and you'll find all of them above, but I thought I'd share the basics with you as well. These are in no particular order.
- Dalwhinnie (could call her Winnie)
Of course, if you've met me - you'll know I already disagree. Where's the fun in that? That's like finding a Scottish Terrier named Angus... how many of those are frickin' running around?!
It's cute for all about 5 mins before people realize you have absolutely no imagination. At this point in time, I've met 12 Shibas named Kenji... and that's only in the DC/MD/VA area. Come on people! Just because your dog is historically from X, doesn't mean you need to name them a name from that culture. Base it off of their sparkling (or unsparkling) personality. Granted yes, I go back to the Swedish Vallhund reference, no Vally should be named Melly Joe Carmichael, because I just don't see that fitting, but you could name them something other than Helga or Lars, couldn't you?
Yes. You could.
So that brings me back to my array of fine Scottish names - It fits with the MacGold that all our little AKC bundle of joys will have. It fits because it's fun, and what's not fun about naming a little pup that will be your forever companion? Nothing. That's what!